Widow is a boss that can be encountered in the Cellar. She can also be fought as a mini-boss in the Cathedral. Her appearance is similar to a Trite, which is a four-legged, four-eyed spider with an upside down face and spider-like legs.
Widow jumps around the room to deal contact damage, similar to Monstro (unlike Monstro, however, she can jump almost twice as far and takes longer to rest before jumping again)
- Widow can only have a maximum of two Sacks around at any given time, so it may prove beneficial to leave the Sacks alive if the player believes they can take out Widow fast enough.
- The white fluid Widow releases when spawning Sacks does not damage the player, but slows movement considerably. It is important to keep this in mind as Widow can easily close the distance when the player is stuck on it.
- Widow has a low amount of health, similar to the Duke of Flies. Therefore, Bombs can prove to be very effective against her.
Shoots projectiles similar to Loki or Peep and spawns B. Spiders as opposed to regular ones. Also leaves a black creep similar to Gish that has the same effect as the white creep used by the normal Widow variant.
- Widow can damage other Widows when encountered as a miniboss by jumping over them.
- Widow could be considered an upgraded version of Trite, both sharing the same "aimed jumping" tactic along with the upside-down face.
- This boss may be a reference to one of the forms the creature takes in John Carpenter's movie "The Thing".
- Alternatively, the Widow bears a strong resemblance to the spiders in the FPS video game "Doom 3", which have a similar upside down face.
- Edmund has confirmed on his Formspring that Widow is female.
|Basement||Larry Jr. • Monstro • The Duke of Flies • Gemini • Steven • Famine|
|Cellar||Widow • Pin • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Gurdy Jr. • The Blighted Ovum|
|The Caves||Fistula • Peep • Gurdy • Chub • C.H.A.D. • Pestilence|
|Catacombs||The Husk • The Hollow • The Blighted Ovum • The Carrion Queen • Peep • Pestilence • The Wretched • Gurdy Jr.|
|The Depths||Loki • Monstro II • Gish • War • Mom|
|Necropolis||Mask of Infamy • Daddy Long Legs • The Carrion Queen • The Bloat • Loki • War • The Wretched • Mom|
|The Womb||Scolex • Blastocyst • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Teratoma • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Utero||Teratoma • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Lokii • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Sheol||The Fallen • Satan|
|First to fifth and seventh level||The Fallen • Headless Horseman|