In-game sprite from the original game.
Scarred Double Vis
When lined up with Isaac (horizontally or vertically), Vis will begin shaking violently and then fire a wide blood beam (similar to Brimstone) from their stomach for a few seconds. This blood beam may still damage Isaac for a fraction of a second after the beam has disappeared, so be careful.
- Some thought that the Vis' slits resembles to a vagina, but the game's creator Edmund McMillen deconfirm this, stating that Vises are just headless versions of Gluttony, as both behave in the same way and share the same body sprite; Both try to align themselves with Isaac in order to hit Isaac with their blood beam attacks. The only difference between the two is that Vis cannot perform the 8-way shot that Gluttony can. Thus, Super Gluttony also shares the same dual beam shot as well as the appearance of a Double Vis with a head.
- Vis is Latin for "force/power", which may or may not be related to the enemy in the game. Viscera is a term involving the insides of living things. Since Vis uses blood beams that are fired from his chest, that could be a reason the enemy was named Vis.
- Vis resembles a Sheela na gig, a type of warding figure found in Ireland and Great Britain.
- In the original game, if the player has Wrath of the Lamb DLC installed, Vis may turn into Double Vis for a few frames when firing their blood beam.
- Only one side of the blood beam has a hitbox in Rebirth, dependent on which frame it was fired.