Ultra Pride is a miniboss randomly encountered as an alternate version of Pride, one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
He looks somewhat like Edmund McMillen, but is completely green and has a white familiar with him that resembles Florian Himsl.
Ultra Pride differs from its normal counterparts by having attacks more similar to Super Greed.
The team's attacks consist of the following:
- Normal: Shoots out three homing projectiles. (Deals one full heart of damage, even on earlier floors)
- Familiar: Shoots out one homing projectile. (Similar to Psychic Maw, Sacred Heart and Spoon Bender)
- Normal: Throws out horizontal a line of green creep.
There is also a possibility for a champion Ultra Pride to spawn. This champion has a bigger green familiar which does 1 heart worth of damage with its bullets.
- This miniboss is a reference to the artist and programmer of Binding of Isaac, Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl respectively.
- The Left Hand trinket is a reference to Edmund Mcmillen being left handed. It is also likely that it refers to Edmund's tattoo on that hand, which resemble the lines a surgical cut would follow.
- It may also be a reference to the fact that in Catholic schools, children are taught not to write with their left hand, or the concept of the Left Hand Path in Satanism.
- He is probably named "Ultra Pride" because of Edmund and Florian`s "ultra pride" of finally finishing the game, or their act of pride in placing themselves in it as bosses.
- Ultra Pride is unique in that there is no known "ultra" counterpart for the other deadly sins.
- Pride is the sin considered above all others as it was the sin that tempted Satan to rebel against God. This might explain why it alone has an ultra version and why defeating it gives a satanic hand.
- Upon getting the Left Hand trinket, the image of it will appear mirrored, making it look like it is a right hand instead of a left one.
- Ultra Pride's familiar uses the same AI as the Babies. The homing tears that it shoots may be a reference to (or the original cause of) the "Psy Baby" bug.
|The Seven Deadly Sins|