The Fallen is a rare boss added in the Halloween Update. He looks like a regular demon, with shiny red eyes, horns, black wings, and an upside-down cross on his forehead. His body ends with a nubby tail section.
The Fallen has three attacks.
The first consists of him chasing after you at high speed. He will soon stop and unleash his second attack, launching 4 blood beams in the cardinal directions.
For his last attack, he'll spit two salvos of bullets, one with 3 and the other with 4 bullets. When his HP reaches 50%, he will split into two smaller Fallens, each with the same attacks as the original.
The Fallen may appear intimidating, but as his patterns are very predictible, it can be killed with relative ease. The projectile waves that it shoots can be dodged easily by weaving in between the bullets or just moving to the side. In phase two, when there are two smaller Fallens, it is best to kite them around the edges of the room during its' charge attack.
- The Fallen is also part of the first phase of the battle against Satan.
- The Fallen will always drop a Devil Room item when he is encountered as a boss.
- According to Edmund, it is possible to find a "champion" version of The Fallen, but it's extremely rare.
- The aforementioned "champion" seems to be a Fallen that spawns in a normal room instead of a common monster.
- The Fallen has many similarities with Isaac's diverse demonic appearances.
- Its name is most likely a reference to the fallen angels that followed Satan, in keeping with the Biblical themes of the game.
- In the credit sequence, The Fallen is mispelled and says The Fallin.
- A graphical glitch occurs when the Fallen splits in half where he flashes between the appearance of the regular Fallen and Krampus (fixed with Wrath of the Lamb v1).
- If you use the The Hourglass while The Fallen is splitting, he will split into 4 instead of 2.
- Using the The High Priestess on The Fallen will result in a one hit kill
- When on a Curse of the Labyrinth floor, if The Fallen is the second boss, when the first boss's item is rerolled it will be rerolled for a Devil Room item.
- If you have Dead Bird and it is attacking The Fallen before he splits, when he does split the dead bird will disappear until the next floor.
- Using Best Friend on The Fallen will result in you dying (losing all of your hearts at once) when the best friend explodes on The Fallen
|Basement||Larry Jr. • Monstro • The Duke of Flies • Gemini • Steven • Famine|
|Cellar||Widow • Pin • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Gurdy Jr. • The Blighted Ovum|
|The Caves||Fistula • Peep • Gurdy • Chub • C.H.A.D. • Pestilence|
|Catacombs||The Husk • The Hollow • The Blighted Ovum • The Carrion Queen • Peep • Pestilence • The Wretched • Gurdy Jr.|
|The Depths||Loki • Monstro II • Gish • War • Mom|
|Necropolis||Mask of Infamy • Daddy Long Legs • The Carrion Queen • The Bloat • Loki • War • The Wretched • Mom|
|The Womb||Scolex • Blastocyst • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Teratoma • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Utero||Teratoma • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Lokii • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Sheol||The Fallen • Satan|
|First to fifth and seventh level||The Fallen • Headless Horseman|