The Chest is a floor found after opening the end chest at the end of the Cathedral while holding The Polaroid trinket. It is a brutal bonus level featuring rooms with multiple bosses. The first room you start in contains 4 locked chests, each with an item inside that may potentially give you an advantage for the difficult challenges that await.
Every chest on this floor, regardless of its type, contains an item to assist you. This means if you're feeling brave, it might be a good idea to explore the floor entirely to possibly get more items. If possible, acquire Guppy's Tail and save up your keys to have a better chance of spawning golden chests here. It also seems like Red Chests from The Left Hand trinket do not drop items all the time nor have any increased chance of dropping items.
Rooms in The Chest frequently contain two to three bosses or mini-bosses. Despite their numbers, their health is much smaller than usual, so eliminate the most threatening foe first before dealing with the other enemies. Occasionally, you might run into commonly found lesser enemies, though in numerous amounts.
It's important to note that you cannot usually bomb your way out of any of these rooms; placing a bomb next to a closed door does nothing. However, you can bomb your way into the Secret Room, even before you have completed the room you are currently in. Using the item Dad's Key will also allow one to exit a room before it has been completed.
Bosses encountered in The Chest Edit
- The Bloat
- 2 Chubs
- Daddy Long Legs
- 2 Carrion Queens
- Gurdy (The only time she appears as a level boss as opposed to an end level boss)
- 2 Gurdy Jrs.
- 2 different Harbingers
- 2 Husks
- 3 Lokis
- 3 Widows
- 2 Monstro IIs
- 3 different Sins. Like other rooms with normal Sins, it's a chance for each of them to be a Super Sin. Interestingly, this type of room doesn't seem to contain Pride or Envy .
- 2 identical Super Sins (either Super Sloth, Super Wrath, or Super Lust)
- 2 Wretched
Main boss at the end of levelEdit
- If you blow up a Slot Machine or a beggar on the chest, an item will appear instead of its normal drops. However, this will not work for Blood Donation Machines. (Confirmed)
- All rooms in The Chest will use the backdrop of The Chest, even the Devil Room or the Secret Room. This might be unintentional, since they usually couldn't be reached by regular means.
- If you are fast enough after beating Isaac, you can run through the chest and out of the door, exiting the boss room. You will remain on your current map, you will be unable to fight ???, and all rooms previously unvisited will have Chest level enemies.
- Because of the fact that closed doors in the Chest cannot be blown up, there used to be a bug in which it was impossible to enter the Secret Room normally, even if one had X Ray Vision. It would also be impossible to exit the secret room if one had teleported themselves there through the use of XVII The Moon or similar items. This bug has been fixed as of 0.48.
- NOTE: It is STILL possible to teleport yourself into a door-less room (the I AM ERROR room) using a teleport pill, making it impossible to continue the current game (as there is no way out), unless you have another way to teleport out (Forget Me Now, Teleport Remote etc).
|1||Basement · Cellar|
|2||The Caves · Catacombs|
|3||The Depths · Necropolis|
|4||The Womb · Utero|
|5||Sheol · Cathedral|