The Carrion Queen is the posthumous version of Chub that appears as a boss in the Catacombs and Necropolis, and as a miniboss in The Chest. She appears as a skeletal worm with a soft, fleshy spot at the very back of her tail.
She can only be damaged by firing shots at her uncovered tail (much like Knights) or being fed bombs.
Her attack pattern closely resembles that of her standard counterparts albeit with the inability to spawn monsters. She does, however, spawn red piles of poop that will do 1/2 heart of damage on touch. These piles can be collapsed much like regular poop, but will regrow shortly after.
When her health reaches below the halfway point, her attack pattern changes to a mad dash about the room in a zig-zag pattern. If her tail is shot during this phase, she will immediately change direction as if bouncing off of a wall. She does not directly attack you in this phase.
- Even after defeating The Carrion Queen, her red Poop will remain and can still harm the player. It is removed when re-entering the room.
- If you die to this boss, the picture on the game over screen is Chub's.
- Dropping a bomb in the path she is charging will cause her to eat it, stunning and damaging her.
She is smaller in size and does not move diagonally during the fight. This version also spawns tiny Hearts, which shoot bullets in a long ranged cross pattern, instead of red poop. Killing these hearts also damage the Carrion Queen herself in addition to her standard weak point. This form is resistant to all forms of damage and is best killed by attacking the hearts.
- It is possible to make the Carrion Queen immortal with Mom's Contact or Rainbow Baby if only the vulnerable part is frozen while she's currently charging. She will proceed to move and then teleport back afterwards. If this occurs there is no way to kill her in a conventional way.
- According to Edmund McMillen, the Carrion Queen's poop is made out of AIDS. This is because of the code used for the AIDS is the same as the fire, hence the burning sound.
- There is no special picture for her on Isaac's Last Will, so instead Chub's is used. This also might be because of the code for the boss.
|Basement||Larry Jr. • Monstro • The Duke of Flies • Gemini • Steven • Famine|
|Cellar||Widow • Pin • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Gurdy Jr. • The Blighted Ovum|
|The Caves||Fistula • Peep • Gurdy • Chub • C.H.A.D. • Pestilence|
|Catacombs||The Husk • The Hollow • The Blighted Ovum • The Carrion Queen • Peep • Pestilence • The Wretched • Gurdy Jr.|
|The Depths||Loki • Monstro II • Gish • War • Mom|
|Necropolis||Mask of Infamy • Daddy Long Legs • The Carrion Queen • The Bloat • Loki • War • The Wretched • Mom|
|The Womb||Scolex • Blastocyst • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Teratoma • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Utero||Teratoma • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Lokii • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Sheol||The Fallen • Satan|
|First to fifth and seventh level||The Fallen • Headless Horseman|