Pride is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. He appears as a sad child, similar to Isaac, with a grey body. He looks similar to a ghost.
In combat, he has two easy-to-spot attacks.
The first attack, forewarned by him making a grinning face, spawns 4 Troll Bombs in random sections of the room. He is immune to damage from his own troll bombs. The second attack, before which he makes a "Forever Alone" face, projects 4 wave-like lasers from himself in an X-pattern.
The best tactic is to stay to his left or right, since the X-attack won't hit you, and you can easily go up or down to avoid the bombs. Pay attention to the order the bombs spawn, because the first ones to explode will throw the others around the room. He is also immune to his own bombs, so you cannot use them to damage him like you can with Wrath.
- XVI-The Tower, Anarchist Cookbook, Troll Bombs and Mega Troll Bombs (including Mega Fetus bombs) don't work on Pride.
- In Wrath of the Lamb, the item combo of Dr. Fetus and Mr. Mega is useless against Pride, because the game considers bombs you throw as Mega Troll Bombs, to which Pride is immune. To defeat him, you have to have an attacking familiar such as Brother Bobby and Sister Maggy or use dropped bombs instead.
- Pride and Envy are the only two sins that do not appear in The Chest.
- Isaac's Last Will shows the cause of death as Envy when killed by Pride. This may or may not have been intentional.
- Pride is the only sin with an "Ultra" variant.
- The faces made by Pride before attacking are references to the "Trollface" and "Forever Alone" memes respectively.
|The Seven Deadly Sins|