- Not to be confused with the passive item of the same name.
In-game sprite from the original game.
They look like children their heads looking bloated, two buck teeth from their lower jaw, and are constantly crying and whimpering.
Mulligans attempt to avoid the player as much as possible, and may even run over spikes or into fires in doing so. They don't damage the player on touch, but staying close to them is very unwise: they may commit suicide and explode (like Mulligoons) and leave 4 projectiles travelling orthogonally along with 2-4 random flies (Pooter, red and black Flies).They are sometimes replaced by their gray-colored counterparts, known as Mulligoons, but they can be seen in the same room together.
The chance of them killing becomes higher when they're in corners.
- Can be occasionally spawned by Mom.
- Mulligans were created in order to make the player feel bad about killing them.
- A Mulligan is a rule in many card games. If a player's starting hand is considered too bad, they are allowed to shuffle back their hand into the deck and draw a new set of cards.
- In Edmund's words: "The mulligans in Isaac are born so messed up they should get a do over.. basically."
- The item The Mulligan somewhat gives Isaac the appearance of a Mulligan.
- The Gaper, Mulligan, Hive and Swarmer are all the same monster in stages of decay and infestation.