Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Not to be confused with the passive item of the same name.
Mulligan (マリガン Marigan) is a fairly weak enemy that first appear in Chapter 1.
They look like children with their heads looking bloated, two buck teeth from the lower jaw, and are constantly crying and whimpering.
Mulligans attempt to avoid the player as much as possible, and may even run over spikes or into fires in doing so. They don't damage the player on touch, but staying close to them is very unwise: they may commit suicide and explode (like Mulligoons) and leave 4 projectiles travelling orthogonally along with 2-4 random flies (Pooter, Black Fly, and Attack Fly).
They are sometimes replaced by their gray-colored counterparts, known as Mulligoons, but they can be seen in the same room together.
The chance of them killing becomes higher when they're in corners.
- A pair of Mulligans can appear at the beginning of Monstro's boss fight.
- Can be occasionally spawned by Mom.
- They appear in the original game.
- Mulligans were created in order to make the player feel bad about killing them.
- A Mulligan is a rule in many card games. If a player's starting hand is considered too bad, they are allowed to shuffle back their hand into the deck and draw a new set of cards.
- In Edmund's words: "The mulligans in Isaac are born so messed up they should get a do over.. basically."
- The item The Mulligan somewhat gives Isaac the appearance of a Mulligan.
- The Gaper, Mulligan, Hive and Swarmer are all the same monster in stages of decay and infestation; the Mulligan is the early stages of decay.