A black cross of St. Peter, with a bright red outline.
Isaac's body becomes black, and he gains black wings. Allows Isaac to fly over obstacles such as spikes, rocks, and pits. Increases Speed by 0.3.
- A useful technique when you have acquired Lord of the Pit is to hover over a pit and shoot at walking enemies like Globins and Gapers. These enemies cannot get to you as long as you are above the pit.
- Lord of the Pit is a reference to the Magic: The Gathering card of the same name.
- More probably, it's a reference to the biblical term Abaddon, used to describe a deep pit, a demon living in a pit or Satan itself.
- Another Devil Room item that grants flight, Spirit Of The Night, is also a reference to a Magic: The Gathering card.
- The pickup quote of this item has "Demon Wings" (or "Daemon Wings", the old English spelling of the word) misspelled as "Deamon Wings".
- The inverted cross is called the Cross of St. Peter
- The inverted cross is used in the Bible as a symbol of humility before Christ; St. Peter insisted he be crucified upside-down because he was not worthy of dying in the same manner as his lord. In popular culture, however, it is mistaken for a satanic symbol.