A black cross of St. Peter, with a bright red outline.
Isaac's body becomes black, and he gains black wings. Allows Isaac to fly over obstacles such as spikes, rocks, and pits. Increases Speed by 0.3.
- A useful technique when you have acquired Lord of the Pit is to hover over a pit and shoot at walking enemies like Globins and Gapers. These enemies cannot get to you as long as you are above the pit.
- There is an error in the spelling for the effect. It is quoted as "Deamon Wings". (This is a spelling error, but also might be an attempt at the old English spelling of the word, which is "daemon".)
- The inverted cross is called the Cross of St. Peter
- The inverted cross is used in the Bible as a symbol of humility before Christ; St. Peter insisted he be crucified upside-down because he was not worthy of dying in the same manner as his lord.
- Lord of the Pit is a reference to the Magic: The Gathering card of the same name. Another Devil Room item that grants flight, Spirit Of The Night, is also a reference to a Magic: The Gathering card.
- Given the change in Isaac's appearance, how it's obtained by performing a deal with Satan and the inverted cross relation with modern satanists, Lord of the Pit is most likely a symbol to satanic cults, given the grim atmosphere of the game.