A beating disembodied heart.
Attaches a beating heart to Isaac's chest upon pickup.
Increases available Heart Containers by one and restores all health.
- Despite restoring full HP, this item will not raise ??? back to 3 soul hearts before adding one.
- This item beats in a similar way to the heart seen in the title screen of Spewer, another game from Edmund McMillen.
- The item's heart rate is 150 beats per minute (bpm). The speed of this heart in particular would imply that it belongs to either a cat or a newborn human baby, implying it is either Guppy's or Isaac's heart.
- The name is a reference to the emoticon used in texting to represent a heart.
- <3 Cannot show up if there is a health up pill in the rotation.
- In the item collection screen, the <3's name doesn't appear when moused over, but the image still does.