Krampus is the mini boss added to the game during the Christmas update. He has a 10% chance to appear in a Devil Room. He is considered as an alternate version of The Fallen.
Krampus looks like a more "colorful" Fallen, but also larger, with longer horns.
Krampus' main attack consists of spitting two salvos of bullets, one with 3 and the other with 4 bullets. If Isaac aligns himself vertically or horizontally with Krampus, he will react by quickly shooting up blood beams in all four cardinal directions (similar to The Fallen's attack).
- Keep your distance from Krampus. This will help you to better dodge his bullets.
- Try not to align with him in a cardinal direction. If you have to cross Krampus' line of sight, do it as quickly as possible.
- Angling your shots can help to deal additional damage during the blood beam.
- While spewing blood, Krampus is immobile, which means that he's the perfect target for a well placed bomb.
- Krampus has a 1/10 chance to spawn in any devil room, plus an extra 1/3 chance if you have taken a devil deal at any point during the run. Due to how this is calculated, if you've taken a devil deal the overall probability works out at a total of 40%.
- You can only fight Krampus once per run.
- Using the The Dice to re-roll the Lump of Coal will change it to another item found in the Devil Room Item Pool.
- Krampus cannot appear in the Angel Room.
- Krampus is a mythological creature from the Alps, believed to punish or warn children who have been naughty; hence the lump of coal.
- In Yule mythology, Krampus looks more like a goat, and has a sack of which he puts very naughty children in as a punishment.
- The Pumpkin Mask was originally supposed to be the item dropped after defeating Krampus.
- When killed by Krampus, the picture on Isaac's Last Will will display the drawing of The Fallen.
"A Gift From Krampus" - Defeat Krampus in the Devil Room.
|Basement||Larry Jr. • Monstro • The Duke of Flies • Gemini • Steven • Famine|
|Cellar||Widow • Pin • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Gurdy Jr. • The Blighted Ovum|
|The Caves||Fistula • Peep • Gurdy • Chub • C.H.A.D. • Pestilence|
|Catacombs||The Husk • The Hollow • The Blighted Ovum • The Carrion Queen • Peep • Pestilence • The Wretched • Gurdy Jr.|
|The Depths||Loki • Monstro II • Gish • War • Mom|
|Necropolis||Mask of Infamy • Daddy Long Legs • The Carrion Queen • The Bloat • Loki • War • The Wretched • Mom|
|The Womb||Scolex • Blastocyst • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Teratoma • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Utero||Teratoma • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Lokii • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Sheol||The Fallen • Satan|
|First to fifth and seventh level||The Fallen • Headless Horseman|