Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Art by Edmund McMillen
Head of Krampus
Krampus was the mini boss added to the game during the Christmas update. He has a 10% chance to appear in a Devil Room. He is considered as an alternate version of The Fallen.
Krampus has a look similar to the Fallen, but with a different head; it lacks the inverted cross, is white, and has four horns.
Krampus' main attack consists of spitting two salvos of bullets, one with 3 and the other with 4 bullets. If Isaac aligns himself vertically or horizontally with Krampus, he will react by quickly shooting up blood beams in all four cardinal directions (similar to The Fallen's attack).
- Keep your distance from Krampus. This will help you to better dodge his bullets.
- If you want to slow down the pace of the battle, align yourself with Krampus in a cardinal direction and get out of the way before he shoots Brimstone. The attack is long and slow, so you'll have enough time to position yourself to where you'd like to be.
- Angling your shots can help to deal additional damage during the blood beam.
- While spewing blood, Krampus is immobile, which means that he's the perfect target for a well placed bomb.
- Krampus has a 1/10 chance to spawn in any devil room, plus an extra 1/3 chance if you have taken a devil deal at any point during the run. Due to how this is calculated, if you've taken a devil deal the overall probability works out at a total of 40%.
- You can only fight Krampus once per run.
- Using The Dice to re-roll the Lump of Coal will change it to another item found in the Devil Room Item Pool.
- Krampus cannot appear in the Angel Room.
- Krampus is a mythological creature from the Alps, believed to punish or warn children who have been naughty; hence the lump of coal.
- In Yule mythology, Krampus looks more like a goat, and has a sack of which he puts very naughty children in as a punishment.
- The Pumpkin Mask was originally supposed to be the item dropped after defeating Krampus.
- When killed by Krampus, the picture on Isaac's Last Will will display the drawing of The Fallen.
- The achievement A Gift from Krampus Is actually the achievement The Kid's Xmas! from Super Meat Boy, except the colors of the gift are reversed.
"A Gift From Krampus" - Defeat Krampus in the Devil Room.