Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hard mode is a mode added to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and also the Eternal Edition DLC for the original game. It changes the gameplay in certain ways to make it harder. When playing in hard mode, a little red pentagram appears on the HUD, below the consumables.
- Rooms contain more advanced enemies and in a higher number.
- Causes champions to spawn more often, however, they award less consumables.
- You are less likely to receive a Pickup after completing a room.
- Bosses no longer drop red hearts when defeating them.
- You are more likely to be cursed on each floor.
- You are more likely to receive the harder version of a floor (e.g. Necropolis instead of The Depths)
- Using the Dice more than once on an item may cause it to disappear as if it was picked up (Vanilla only)
- Guppy's Paw only grants 2 soul hearts instead of 3 (Vanilla only)
Completing Hard Mode will put a red aura over the completion marks on the character selection screen for the character beaten with.