They possess with red, meat-like bodies, a few small teeth, and empty eye sockets.
Globins attempt to directly charge at the player, similar to Gapers; however, they are much faster. They'll deal full heart damage when contacted. Instead of dying, they will crumble into goo after taking a certain amount of damage and then regenerate anew unless destroyed in their puddle-of-goo form. If a Globin regenerates from their broken form, they will have decreased health, and will be easier to kill.
Because of their speed, Globins have the tendency to overshoot the player's position in rooms with a large number of obstacles, which can lead to Isaac being quickly surrounded on all sides if care is not taken. A tip on avoiding being surrounded is to remember that your tears do have moderate knockback that can open a window in a seemingly airtight formation.
- They can be spawned by Mom.
- Each time a Globin collapses, it counts as a kill. This can be exploited to either refill the recharge bar for items, or with the Charm Of The Vampire, to (slowly) refill health and increase damage with Bloody Lust, although patience is required for these.
- Standing over an unreachable spot (via The Ladder or Flight) will cause Globins to stop moving towards Isaac, and stand completely still, increasing Isaac's chance to defeat them real easily without decreasing his health. They will not move again until Isaac becomes reachable again.
- When Globins and Gazing Globins are spawning into a room, they can be killed without collapsing.
- In Rebirth, a single Globin can be spawned if Isaac kills the Swinger by the head.
- Globins are a reference to Red/Blood Skeletons from Castlevania.
- The name most likely stems from Hemoglobin, a biomolecule responsible for giving blood its red color.
- Sloth and Super Sloth are reskinned versions of Globins.
- Globins use to make a squishing sound while regenerating anew in the original game. The sound from Rebirth, however, is missing. That also goes to the Gazing Globin.