- For the monster from The Legend of Bum-bo, see Gaper.
Gapers are commonly found in Chapter 1 only.
BehaviorGapers will attempt to walk towards Isaac by taking the most direct route possible, and deal damage by contact. If there is no way to reach Isaac, due to obstacles such as Rocks or Poop blocking the way, they will stand still and avoid moving towards Isaac until a proper route is created. They can be also seen with Frowning Gapers in pack.
- They can be spawned by Mom.
- A pair of Gapers may appear at the beginning of the boss fight with Monstro.
- The word "gaper" is a person who stares, typically in amazement or wonder.
- The Gaper, Mulligan, Hive and Swarmer are all the same monster in stages of decay and infestation. The Gaper seems to be the fresh corpses, before decay sets in.