Gabriel is a secret unlockable miniboss and one of the angels added in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. He is accessible after defeating the The Lamb in the Dark Room or ??? in The Chest for the first time. After one of these requirements is fulfilled, this miniboss can be initiated at any point in an Angel Room by planting a bomb near the angel statue or destroying it through other means. Upon defeat, Gabriel will drop a key piece required to unlock the large door at the start of The Chest or Dark Room. Defeating both Angels will also unlock Dad's Key.
In the Afterbirth DLC, along with Uriel, Gabriel can be fought in the Sacrifice Room.
- Moves towards Isaac.
- Shoots a ring of 12 blood tears
- If Gabriel folds his wings, he is about to:
- Shoot light beams in four directions, either cardinal if his hands glow or diagonal if he covers his hands with his wings.
- If the Gabriel's hands begin to glow, he is about to summon Angelic Babies.
- Gabriel is an archangel who typically serves as a messenger sent from God to certain people in Christianity. The name means "God is my strength".
- In Muslim beliefs, Gabriel is the angel who visits Muhammad as he meditates in a cave nearby Mecca.