Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Devil Beggars are a type of Beggar added with the Wrath of the Lamb DLC. They can be found anywhere a normal Beggar can be found. They can also be spawned with the XX Judgement Tarot Card.
Beggars will exchange red hearts (similar to a Blood Donation Machine, taking a 1/2 heart in levels up to the The Womb and a full heart in The Womb and onwards) per use for Trinkets or Items. The full heart damage taken in the Womb can be countered by use of The Wafer.
Devil Beggars will take Eternal Hearts first, then Normal Hearts. Like Blood Donation Machines, Devil Beggars take normal hearts over soul hearts first. If you have half a heart left, but still have some Soul Hearts, it will take those instead.
- Using Devil Beggars with an invincibility-granting item (such as Book of Shadows) will not take hearts, but can still spawn items and the like.
- Heart donation does not affect or nullify a "No Damage" achievement, with or without the use of invincibility-granting items such as the Book of Shadows or My Little Unicorn.
- For the purpose of opening a Devil Room/Angel Room, Devil Beggars count as normal beggars.
- Unlike normal Beggars, Devil Beggars do not have to pay out after you give them a set payout; instead they have a 1/4 chance (1/3 chance with Lucky Foot) to pay out on any given play.
- Devil Beggars will occasionally fluctuate on health-taking, taking one heart, no hearts, etc. with no seeming pattern.
- Devil Beggars actually count as Blood Donation Machines, so you can unlock Mom's Bottle of Pills by giving hearts to them. They also make the same Blood Donation Machine heart-taking sound when impacted by the player.
- Devil beggars can kill Isaac. The image on Isaac's Last Will is the same as the Blood Donation Machine's.