Clotty is a monster which can be randomly found on any floor, ranging from The Basement to The Cathedral. Clotty slowly crawls in random directions, shooting blood projectiles in the cardinal directions every three seconds, making it very hard to hit him without taking damage. If there are multiple Clotties in a room, the use of bombs or activated items like the Necronomicon is highly recommended. Having spectral or homing tears will make engagements with them much easier. They possess the same amount of health as Trites, taking 6 regular (Strength 2) tears to kill.
Clots flit about the room haphazardly, firing black projectiles in diagonal directions at random intervals. It is much easier to defeat than Clotty, since you will be perfectly safe if you shoot at it while standing directly in front or to the side of it. It is only truly dangerous when there are other enemies in the room.
Bug: When a Clot is in the room, using bombs or defeating other enemies will leave the same black goo marks as Clots. Ranged enemies will also shoot the same black projectiles as the Clots.
The new enemy added in the Wrath of the Lamb, I.Blob is a rare enemy to encounter as it sometimes replaces Clot or Clotty which aren't common enemies either. They can be found in The Basement, Cellar, Catacombs, Necropolis, The Womb and Cathedral.
I.Blob fires from every direction, combining the cross pattern shots from Clotty and diagonal pattern from Clot, making it extremely dangerous. As with Clotty, it is recommended to employ bombs or activated items against it, and having spectral or homing tears will do a lot to shift the odds in your favor.
- In-game, Clot actually resembles a black blob with yellow eyes and white teeth, and is almost identical to the protagonist Gish, from the game of the same name.
- Due to their skin, and crying face, the I in I.Blob most likely stands for Isaac Blob. Or I (me) Blob.
- If you are killed by an I.Blob, the Game Over picture will be of Clotty.
- In the credits, the picture of the Clot looks like the top half of a Clotty, indicating a possible change in the design of the Clot during the game's development.
- If you are killed by a Clotty with another Clotty in a room doing nothing but moving, the Clotty that wasn't moving will violently swap into a Clotty, Clot, and I.Blob with animation of it moving very fast.