Chub charges at Isaac quickly when he gets in her line of sight. However, the player usually has enough time to sidestep away. Dropping a Bomb in the path of her charge will cause her to eat it. This stuns her for a short time, and then explodes inside her, dealing a large amount of damage.
Chub can also spawn Chargers, up to a maximum of 2. These Chargers can be destroyed by her own charge if they get in her way.
- Chub is similar to Larry Jr. in that she has multiple segments that can be hit (these cannot be destroyed separately, however). Items that can pierce through enemies (Cupid's Arrow, Technology/Technology 2, Shoop Da Whoop!, and so on) are a huge asset against her.
- Unlike most attacks early in the game, Chub's charge will deal a full heart of damage if it hits instead of half a heart.
When blue, she is much larger in size, much more resistant to knockback, and slow. Instead of spawning chargers, she'll spawn blue Boils (Functions identically to regular Boils, and does not drop any Pick Ups upon death)
She is slightly smaller than normal, and she has much faster and more unpredictable movement, both when moving normally and charging at Isaac. She will spawn Spities instead of Chargers, up to a maximum of 2.
Outside of Boss rooms, Chub may occasionally spawn without her 3rd segment making her unable to spawn enemies. In this form, Chub may use the spawning animation, but will not spawn any enemies in this situation, leaving her breifly vulnerable. Typically spawns with two Larry Jr. bosses with her. This is an intentional weakening of the boss, possibly for balance reasons.
- If fighting her as a mini-boss, where the doors or a secret room entrance is bombable, it is possible to win against her incredibly easily if you have two bombs. Bomb one of the doors, and make her charge into it. She will lock up and become stuck in the door, allowing you to shoot all her health away with no danger. However, she seems to not die at all from the tears - she has to be finished off with a second bomb. Also, if you have the X-Ray Vision, you don't need to spend any bombs to trap her in the secret door.
- Chub appears in the demo.
- Chub's tendency to eat bombs only to have them blow up internally is very reminiscent of the Dodongos and Dodongo Snakes from the Zelda series.
- Chub's face in the title card is almost exactly like the one shown in the "Poker Face" meme. This is very likely intentional.
- She is also known as "Mrs. Maggot" according to the Unholy Edition art booklet.
- Chub has been identified as female via Edmund's formspring account. You can see the message confirming this here.
|Basement||Larry Jr. • Monstro • The Duke of Flies • Gemini • Steven • Famine|
|Cellar||Widow • Pin • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Gurdy Jr. • The Blighted Ovum|
|The Caves||Fistula • Peep • Gurdy • Chub • C.H.A.D. • Pestilence|
|Catacombs||The Husk • The Hollow • The Blighted Ovum • The Carrion Queen • Peep • Pestilence • The Wretched • Gurdy Jr.|
|The Depths||Loki • Monstro II • Gish • War • Mom|
|Necropolis||Mask of Infamy • Daddy Long Legs • The Carrion Queen • The Bloat • Loki • War • The Wretched • Mom|
|The Womb||Scolex • Blastocyst • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Teratoma • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Utero||Teratoma • The Bloat • Death • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Triachnid • Lokii • Mom's Heart • It Lives|
|Sheol||The Fallen • Satan|
|First to fifth and seventh level||The Fallen • Headless Horseman|