Angel Room is a special room that was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC. The Angel Room can replace the Devil Room on any floor. Like the Devil Room, it presents a simple offering. However, instead of Satan sitting there, an angel has taken his place.
These items require no hearts to pick up, and draw from a different Item Pool than the Devil Room. While Devil Room items are centered around offense, most Angel Room items are centered around defense, with effects that typically involve soul hearts or flight.
Chances of appearingEdit
Angel Rooms can replace Devil Rooms and share the same spawn as Devil Rooms with the following added conditions:
- A Devil Room has spawned at some point since launching the game
- No deals with the devil have been taken in the run
If these two conditions are met, the next Devil Room has a 50% chance of being replaced by an Angel Room.
The chance to see Angel Rooms will carry over between runs in a play session. This means that if you trigger Angel Rooms and take the item they hold, they will have the same chance to appear in the next run unless you close the game and reopen it between runs. Note that taking an item from the Angel Room will cause the next two floors to have a reduced chance of having an Angel Room spawn, following the rules of the Devil Room.
These are items found inside of the Angel Room.
Upon activation, Isaac gains Flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart and It Lives when activated, will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan, Isaac or ??? unless he has The Wafer.
Increases Damage by 1, and turns Isaac's tears into blood tears. If collected with the The Book of Belial, damage will also be multiplied by 1.5x upon activation.
Gives Isaac spectral tears and flight.
Spawns a Guardian Angel that orbits Isaac.
Does damage on touch, blocks shots and doubles the speed of other orbitals.
Increases all stats (Including Heart Containers) by one.
Adds 1 empty heart container and gives flying ability.
Greatly increases the chance of replacing spawned hearts with soul hearts.
Grants half an Eternal Heart per use.
Isaac is followed by a small blue cross that will drop a Soul Heart every 5 rooms.
Shots are larger, travel slower and home in on enemies. Damage is multiplied. (Multiplies damage by X2.3+1, -0.4 tears, -0.25 shot speed.)
Gives 1 Soul Heart and restores full Health on Pick up.
Once per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.
- The Angel Room may appear instead of the Devil Room after defeating Mom's Heart. However, it offers a trapdoor that sends you to Sheol rather than a beam of light that brings you to the Cathedral. This is because the Angel Room is treated as the Devil Room coding-wise. (In Rebirth, there will be a beam of light, and it will take you to the Cathedral.)
- Leaving the Boss room prior to entering the Angel Room may cause it to disappear; losing the opportunity to receive an item.
- in th rebirth version, after unlocking the secret "the angels awaits", it will become possible to fight the angel in the room. by breaking the rock at the base of the statue, tha angel will fly and attack you. once killed, it will spawn the "key piece 1" or "key piece 2". if the player already has both items, it will leave 2 soul hearts.
- It is possible for the Angel Room to spawn but offer no item. Possibly due to Krampus spawning code.
- The reason the angel is missing a face is likely a reference to the Bible passage Exodus 33:20: "But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live."
- On his Tumblr, Ed McMillen stated the angel's lack of a face is due to the way God is portrayed in comics by Jack Chick, from whom McMillen takes inspiration.
|Rooms in the Wrath of the Lamb|