The Angel Room is a special room that was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC. The Angel Room can replace the Devil Room on any floor. Like the Devil Room, it presents a simple offering. However, instead of Satan sitting there, there appears to be some sort of Angel (presumably God).
These items require no hearts to pick up, and draw from a different Item Pool than the Devil Room. Most of these items are centered around defense, in contrast to the Devil Room items that are centered around offense (see below).
Chances of appearingEdit
Angel Rooms can replace Devil Rooms and share the same spawn as Devil Rooms with the following added conditions:
- A Devil Room has spawned at some point since launching the game
- No deals with the devil have been taken in the run
If these two conditions are met, the next Devil Room has a 50% chance of being replaced by an Angel Room.
The chance to see angel rooms will carry over between runs in a play session. This means that if you trigger angel rooms and see them/take the item they hold, they will have the same chance to appear in the next run if you complete the current one (with the exception of the first floor).
These are items found inside of the Angel Room.
Increases Damage by 1, and turns Isaac's tears into blood tears. If collected with the Book Of Belial, damage will also be multiplied by 1.5x upon activation.
Gives Isaac spectral tears and flight.
Spawns a Guardian Angel that orbits Isaac.
Does damage on touch, blocks shots and doubles the speed of other orbitals.
Increases all stats (Including Heart Contiainers) by one.
Adds 1 empty heart container and gives flying ability.
Greatly increases the chance of replacing spawned hearts with soul hearts.
Grants half an Eternal Heart per use.
Isaac is followed by a small blue cross that will drop a Soul Heart every 4 rooms.
Shots are larger, travel slower and home in on enemies. Damage is multiplied. (Multiplies damage by X2.3+1, -0.4 tears, -0.25 shot speed.)
Gives 1 Soul Heart and restores full Health on Pick up.
Once per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.
- The Angel Room may appear instead of the Devil Room after defeating Mom's Heart. However, it ironically offers a trapdoor that sends you to Sheol rather than a beam of light that brings you to the Cathedral. This is because the Angel Room is treated as the Devil Room coding-wise.
- Leaving the Boss room prior to entering the Angel room may cause it to disappear; losing the opportunity to receive an item.
- The reason the angel is missing a face is likely a reference to the Bible passage Exodus 33:20: "But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
- According to Edmund, it is possible to increase the chance of an Angel Room. He has stated that refusing deals with the devil increases the chance, but that he could not remember what other factors would influence it. However, this does not seem true, as Angel rooms can just replace Devil rooms.
|Rooms in the Wrath of the Lamb|