The reason the angel is missing a face is likely a reference to the Bible passage Exodus 33:20: "But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”
According to Edmund, it is possible to increase the chance of an angel room. He has stated that refusing deals with the devil increases the chance, but that he could not remember what other factors would influence it. These are the ways of increasing the chances for an Angel Room to appear:
- Taking no red heart damage in the boss battle. (spawns Devil room also)
- Using The Bible frequently. (unconfirmed)
- Picking up any item with the tagline "Faith Up" (Rosary, Guardian Angel, etc)
- Giving money/hearts to beggars.
- Using blood donation machines. (unconfirmed)
- Having an offering from a previous Angel Room.
- Refusing deals with the devil.
These are items found inside of the Angel Room.
Increases Damage by 2, turns Isaac's tears into blood tears.
Gives Isaac spectral tears and flight.
Spawns a guardian angel that orbits Isaac.
Does damage on touch, blocks bullets and doubles the speed of other orbiting items.
Increases all stats except range by one.
Adds 1 empty heart container and gives flying ability.
Greatly increases the chance of replacing spawned hearts with soul hearts.
Grants half an Eternal Heart per use.
Isaac is followed by a small blue cross that will drop a Soul Heart every 4 rooms.
Shots are larger, travel slower and home in on enemies. Damage is multiplied.
Decreases Tears by 1.
Gives 1 Soul Heart and restores full Health on Pick up.
Whenever Isaac is downed to 1/2 of his last Heart, Aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted 1 Soul Heart.
- The Angel Room may appear instead of the Devil Room after defeating Mom's Heart. However, it ironically offers a trapdoor that sends you to Sheol rather than a beam of light that brings you to the Cathedral. This is because the Angel Room is coding-wise related to the Devil Room.
- Leaving the Boss room prior to entering the Angel room may cause it to disappear; losing the opportunity to receive an item.
|Rooms in the Wrath of the Lamb|