A piece of coal.
Isaac's face will be dirty with dark spots.
Turns tears black, increases damage based on how long tears have been on the screen (tear size increases as it stays on screen).
- If A Lump of Coal is rerolled with The Dice, it may be replaced by other Devil Room items. In this case, the item will not cost any Heart Containers.
- With Brimstone, Technology or Technology 2 your damage will increase by 2.
- Becomes less effective when combined with shot speed up, because damage increases based on how long your tears are on screen, and shot speed up decreases how long your tears are on screen.
- Can be very potent if combined with an item that causes tears to home in on a target (e.g. Magician tarot card or Spoon Bender) and if range has been increased by a large amount.
- Reference to the folk tale that any child who is 'naughty' will receive a lump of coal for Christmas.
- Collecting A Lump Of Coal will give you an achievement for the Gift Pile Steam Event 2011.